Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In Search Of....

Filter bubbles are just one of the many magic tools the internet uses to make our day easier by limiting the information we receive in a search. Instead of crushing us under the vast stores of knowledge the internet contains, it only shows us the information that is relevant and we can understand. This video makes me want to say, ''Thank you internet! You never cease to amaze me. Unlike real friends, I know you'll never do anything to hurt me.'' Although, even though I am given A LOT of information on what I search, I'm rather curious on how I access the rest of the information that is being withheld. What are you hiding from me internet? To see if I could get to the bottom of this, I have redone my search on Hamlet. Like last time Wikipedia is the top site. No surprise there. Subsequently is sparknotes. Ok, yeeees I've used sparknotes before. Guilty. Next seems to be the image bar. It is filled with images that are relevant to Hamlet and....oh, hang on........oh my!......ok I don't know how THAT picture relates but the internet has yet to steer me wrong. So I will trust it's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment